Home » Community (page 139)

Community

My Umrah experience

Nasir Uddin: Umrah, known as one of the greatest pilgrimages in Islam, is something that has enabled me to understand the depths of my religion even more. The experience of carrying out this faithful journey with my family and friends ...

Read More »

Cycle mania hits Britain

Emdad Rahman:  Cycling has never been more popular.  Bradley Wiggins made history by becoming the first Brit to win the Tour De France and the Englishman’s phenomenal triumph has led to calls for him to be given a knighthood. During ...

Read More »

Umrah 2012

Emdad Rahman:  We travelled to Saudi for Umrah and for ten whole days and nights were able to savour the sheer brilliance of Makkah as well as the magnificence that the golden city of Madinah has to offer. The weather ...

Read More »

Celebrate British Bangladeshi fashion

The inaugural British Bangladesh Fashion Week (BBFW) will take place between 8th and 13th October 2012.  The week will celebrate and promote Bangladeshi fashion arts and culture and will champion the relationship between the UKand Bangladesh. It will showcase the ...

Read More »

Vietnam women join call to ban Dow

Stalwart peace campaigner Len Aldis visited Hanoi, Vietnam, in early May to speak at a Medical University on Agent Orange and the consequences for Vietnam.  While he was there he was able to contact the Vietnam Women’s Union (VWU).  Shortly ...

Read More »

Mayor Rahman tackles fuel poverty

In a Borough where too many residents live in fuel poverty, Mayor Rahman is set to launch an energy co-op which will allow residents to join together and use their buying power to reduce their energy tariffs. Fuel poverty is ...

Read More »