Home » Community (page 130)

Community

Let’s market happen!

Next month, the council will call on new traders and budding entrepreneurs to try out a market stall for just £10 per day as part of the Love Your Local Market fortnight, which runs from 14-28th May. Led by the ...

Read More »

All great movements begin Underground!

For the first time since it opened in 1901, Old Street Station is being reinvented. Transport for London (TfL) and Appear Here, the online marketplace for short-term space, are transforming the station into an interactive and experimental shopping and leisure ...

Read More »

Easter in the Park

Victoria Park will be hosting an Easter Eggstravaganza on Saturday, 19th April at the V&A Building. Youngsters are invited to join in Easter-themed arts and crafts and then go on an egg-citing egg hunt! Fun starts from 12 noon and ...

Read More »

Bikers get stuck in to Jam

BMX bikers and skateboarding enthusiasts put on a fantastic display of stunts, flips and air tricks at the Urban Wheelers Jam in Victoria Park on 9th April. The fun day attracted more than 800 residents and was organised by Tower ...

Read More »

Home from home

“My home is their home. They are part of me and they are part of my household.” Ernestine John, foster carer Three foster families have just been presented with special awards by Tower Hamlets Council in recognition of their efforts: ...

Read More »